Monday, January 3, 2011

I had one of "those" days yesterday....

and boy can they be tough to deal with.  What's one of those days? Well in this case its one of those fat days.  You know, the "I'm just gonna wear sweat pants all day cause I sure as heck won't be comfortable in anything that buttons at the waist" days? They can make you feel like all you are doing isn't doing any good.  Its hard to stay on track on days like that, and I can't say I didn't fall off the wagon a little as far as my eating is concerned.  One of the things I do know is that its important to not let it undermine what you have been working at be it for a few days, a few months, or a few years.  Those days will come and go, but consistency is what is most important when it comes to long term success.  So I did my best, and tried to focus on the fact that even though I felt awful, it would pass.

I have to share that I bought a pair of these the other day...

does anyone out there have a pair as well?  Now, mine aren't the Sketchers you see everywhere, I just can't afford what they sell for right now, but I've worn these a couple times when I've gone walking and I can feel some muscles working that are normally dormant during my walks.  They took a little getting used to, the sensation is a little odd. A sort of off-kilter-wanting-to rock-back-on-your-heels sensation, but not uncomfortable, and there is a much greater range of motion through your ankle joint, which I think is helping my ankle to some extent.  I'm not sure how much they will change any results of working out since I've only had them a short time, but I'll be sure to share any info and results I can.

Well, its the first month of the year, and I have made a list, albeit a pretty short one, of goals I have made for myself this month.  Right now I am aiming for running 3 days a week (if I exercise on other days I am aiming for other aerobic exercise) and doing yoga 1-2 times a week.  Its a far cry from my former exercise regime, but its a start.  And as the saying goes, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"  So this is my first step in my journey.

Today has been a much better day, and I am very fortunate to have a fiancee who is very supportive.  It makes a world of difference to have a support system!! I hope everyone is having a great week and making progress toward their goals!!  Warmest wishes :cD

JaDee

No comments: