Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday work out check-in and ... well...

I'm not weighing in this week.  Let me explain.  There is usually one week a month where I feel awful. Bloated, tired  headachey and just plain yucky.  Well, this is the week and I know I'm probably retaining about a pound of water (feels more like 15 to be honest) so I figure rather than put myself through the psychological ups and downs of weighing in this week, I am just sticking to getting in that aerobic activity and fitting in stretching and calisthenics and will weigh in next week.    So to get to the exercise part here is what I did this past week....
1/13/11 - 30 minute walk / Beverly Exercise
1/14/11 - day off
1/15/11 - 25 minute walk
1/16/11 - day off
1/17/11 - 30 minute walk
1/18/11 - day off
1/19/11 - 25 minute walk

Not too bad, no running this week, but I did make sure to get out and walk.  I know I need to push myself a little more to get out there and run even when I don't feel like it.  I don't mean when I feel injured or unwell, just those days where I just "don't feel like it"...you know, lazy days.  I know every run isn't going to be easy, but honestly, I know that I almost always feel better once I get out there and do it.

This past week I kind of rediscovered an old favorite.  About 10 years ago I lived near Lake Erie and while channel surfing I came across an exercise program that was on a local Christian station.  The name of the show was Beverly Exercise.  When I was first watching it I thought "Man, can that really be exercise?  The exercises look too easy, can there really be any benefit to them?  Maybe this is just geared to an older audience."  I decided to give it a try one day...just to see.  Boy was I surprised!!  It looked like just simple easy stretches and such, using light weights.  Arm circles, overhead stretches, side bends, crunches, leg lifts. You get the idea.  I was actually sore the next day!!  So after that I was a faithful viewer and participant 5 days a week.  I taped some of the programs, bought a few tapes and some merchandise to help support her ministry.  Then we moved out of the area, and I couldn't get the program on TV anymore.  I was so glad I had those tapes.  Just a few years ago I went through a divorce and, well, things got hastily packed away when I moved and the tapes were among them.  Not too long ago, going through some of those boxes I found those tapes and am trying to get back to exercising with them.  I keep remembering how good I felt when I worked out with the show 5 days a week, and I want that back. I'm not sure if Beverly is still producing programs anymore, but I do know she still has a website up.  I really want to order more tapes if she still has some to sell.  Guess I just need to get an e-mail sent out :cD

Well, I'm going to get on my way, there always seems to be one more thing I need to get done before I can call it a day and I'm on my way to get it done.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, and make sure to make time for yourself and some exercise!!

JaDee

No comments: